Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Personal Information We Collect
If you submit an application to Disruptive Labs, we collect Personal Information, including the names, email addresses, and profiles of the founder(s) of the applicant company, as well as information about the applicant company, including the name, industry, incorporation status, and more. Together, we refer to the Personal Information of the founder(s), the information relating to the applicant company, and any other information submitted in connection with an application (e.g. pitch decks, marketing materials, etc.) as "Application Information".
When you communicate with us, whether directly via email or via the contact functionality of the Site, we may collect your name, email address, contact information, company information, and the contents of any messages you send. We refer to this information as "Communication Information".
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, internet protocol (IP) address, time zone, operating system, platform, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information". In particular, Device Information we collect includes:
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site and collect information including your IP address, browser type, date/time stamps, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device data includes the name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Specific information may depend on the type of device you use and its configuration.
- Usage details tell us how you use our Service, including the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. Technologies such as web beacons, tags, and pixels may be used in recording this information about how you browse the Site.
If you would like to disable cookies entirely, please refer to the help section of your web browser for more information about turning off cookies. However, please note that limiting the ability of websites to set cookies may cause certain parts of the Site to be inaccessible and the functionality of the Site may be limited. If you access the Site from a mobile device, the configuration of the web browser/app may not permit you to control cookies or other tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the Personal Information that we collect to:
- Respond to your inquiries, applications, questions, or feedback;
- Provide and administer access to the Service;
- Send you information or advertising relating to our products or services;
- Update you regarding administrative matters, such as changes to our terms;
- Analyze how you use and interact with our Service;
- Maintain and improve the functionality and content of the Service;
- Develop new programs, products, and services;
- Prevent fraud, criminal activity, spam, or misuses of our Service;
- Ensure the security of our IT systems and infrastructure;
- Comply with legal obligations and legal process; and
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, users (you), or our third parties.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by law, as follows:
- Service Providers and Vendors: To perform certain services and functions and to assist us in our business operations, we may share Personal Information with service providers and vendors, including providers of cloud services, hosting services, and other information technology services providers; email communication and email newsletter services; advertising and marketing services; and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these providers will access, process, and/or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transactions: In the event of an acquisition, merger, reorganizaiton, bankruptcy, receivership, financing due diligence, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively, a "Transaction"), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to an affiliate or successor as part of the Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: Personal Information may be shared if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet law enforcement or national security requirements; (ii) protect and defend our rights or property; (iii) prevent fraud; (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the safety of users of the Service or the public; or (v) protect against legal liability.
WE DO NOT AND WILL NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
California Privacy Rights
To the extent provided for by law and subject to applicable exceptions, California residents have the following privacy rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that Personal Information;
- The right to request deletion of your Personal Information; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
California residents can exercise these privacy rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To prevent unauthorized access or deletion of your Personal Information, we may ask for additional Personal Information and proof of residency for verification. If your identity cannot be verified, we will not provide or delete your Personal Information. If you submit a request to provide or delete your Personal Information through an authorized agent, the agent must provide signed permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity and submit proof of residency to us.
The Service is not indended to be used by children under the age of 13. Disruptive Labs does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Disruptive Labs through the Service, please contact us with details so that we can delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites
Your use of the Service is at your own risk. We implement reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service or third-party websites.
By using the Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
When you submit Personal Information through the Site, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
In certain circumstances, providing Personal Information may be optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some of the features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features or access those parts of the Site. If you need to update or correct your Personal Information, you can make changes via the Service (if applicable) or contact us. Please note that we reserve the right to delete any information you submit while using the Service.
For more information about our privacy practices, including questions or feedback, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Disruptive Labs LLC
555 Anton Blvd, Ste 150
Costa Mesa, CA 92626